- Exciting Opportunity with Leading Medical Institute
- Excellent Salary Packaging Benefits
- 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
The Hudson Institute is a premier Australian discovery and translation medical research institute. By unravelling the biology underlying disease the Institute is using this information for transformative and innovative solutions to major health problems. The Hudson Institute is a partner of the Monash Health Translation Precinct (MHTP) along with Monash University and Monash Health.
The opportunity exists to join the Centre for Innate Immunity and Infectious Diseases (CiiiD) as a Computational Biology Research Assistant. This role will focus on implementing and maintaining best practice computational pipelines and data management systems for analysis of genomic and transcriptomic high throughput sequencing data, microarray datasets and bespoke datasets. The successful candidate will also assist in design and analysis of sequencing projects as a key component of the scientific program within the CiiiD.
- An Honours, Masters or relevant work experience in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or Computer Science
- Demonstrated skills in Python and R programming
- Expertise in Linux/Unix operating systems
- Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
It’s a great time to join the Hudson. We are delivering our vision of world class science that positively impacts human life. If you think you have the above qualifications and experience, then we welcome your application.
A full copy of the position description can be found here: RA Bioinformatics – PD 20180111
Applications open until a suitable candidate is identified. Please forward to email@example.com.