- Exciting Opportunity with Leading Medical Institute
- Excellent Salary Packaging Benefits
- 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
The Hudson Institute is a premier Australian discovery and translation medical research institute. By unravelling the biology underlying disease the Institute is using this information for transformative and innovative solutions to major health problems. The Hudson Institute is a partner of the Monash Health Translation Precinct (MHTP) along with Monash University and Monash Health.
The opportunity exists for a Research Assistant to join the Microbiota and Systems Biology Laboratory within the Centre for Innate Immunity and Infectious Diseases (CiiiD). The successful applicant will work closely with microbiologists, molecular biologists and bioinformaticians to characterize novel bacteria using fundamental microbiological techniques, genome sequencing and in-vitro cell culture models. The role will also involve responsibility for the management and maintenance of the Microbiota and Systems Biology Laboratory gastrointestinal microbiota culture collection.
- An Honours, Masters or relevant work experience in with proven laboratory experience
- Demonstrated experience in standard microbiology techniques
- Expertise in molecular biology and related techniques
- Proven ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in the growth of fastidious anaerobic bacteria.
- Expertise in eukaryotic cell culture techniques
- An understanding of high throughput sequencing technologies
- Knowledge in computational genomics, phylogenetics and basic bioinformatics
- Knowledge of biologically relevant statistics
It’s a great time to join the Hudson. We are delivering our vision of world class science that positively impacts human life. If you think you have the above qualifications and experience then we welcome your application.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
A full copy of the position description can be found attached: RA Microbiology – PD
Applications open until a suitable candidate is identified. Please forward to email@example.com.