The Senior Research Assistant/Research Assistant will work closely with the Firestein lab members to elucidate the role of signalling and epigenetic pathways in cancer biology and normal intestinal homeostasis. The specialist is expected to work semi-independently in conducting laboratory experiments using primary and derived cell lines, organoid cultures and mouse models of cancer.
Typical activities for this role include
- Tissue culture (experience with organoid and primary cultures is a plus)
- Molecular biology techniques (cloning, CRISPR, DNA/RNA extractions, RT/PCR)
- Immunofluorescence staining, flow cytometry and other cell analytical techniques
- In situ based studies on tissues (e.g. in situ hybridisation, immunohistochemistry)
- Maintain a detailed laboratory notebook demonstrating adherence to SOPs
A postgraduate qualification in the biological sciences and at least 2 years of relevant work experience, in molecular/cellular biology is required. Previous training and understanding of intestinal development and cancer genetics is preferred.
Closing date: Open until a suitable candidate is appointed. Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Apply via sending a recent copy of your CV with cover letter outlining how your experience and qualifications meet the above criteria to HR@hudson.org.au