Next Big Idea Award
PhD students and ECRs: In under four minutes, pitch your Next Big Idea for commercialising research to a panel of industry and academic experts.
$2,200 prizes to be awarded for commercial potential and innovation.
- Learn about biomedical research commercialisation
- Fast track your career
- Network with other entrepreneurs
- Help patients
Monday, 10 July, 1.30-3.30pm, Translational Research Facility, Level 2, Seminar Room 3.
This session will be recorded for students and ECRs unable to attend in person.
Friday, 28 July, 10am, Hudson Institute building, Level 3, Boardroom A&B.
To participate in the workshop, registration is essential. See the Next Big Idea Award Guidelines.
Thursday, 17 August, 2-4pm, Translational Research Facility, Level 2, Seminar Rooms 1&2.
Competition and Awards.
Our researchers are provided with opportunities to develop skills in research translation and commercialisation, innovation and entrepreneurship.
Research Translation seminars are held for researchers, clinicians, staff and students in the Monash Health Translation Precinct.
• Researcher investment ‘pitches’
• Commonwealth Accelerating Commercialisation grants
• Design of impactful clinical trials
• CSIRO SME engagement scheme
• AusBiotech and BioMelbourne Network roles in commercialisation ecosystem
• Intellectual Property capture and management for researchers
• Medical Research Commercialisation Fund
• Collaborating with pharmaceutical companies
• National Innovation and Science Agenda.
Contact us for further information.