Hudson Monash Paediatric Precision Medicine (HMPPM) Program aims to significantly improve treatment for childhood cancer patients with the greatest unmet clinical need – those diagnosed with brain cancers and solid tumours. The program is supported by the Children’s Cancer Foundation (CCF) and led by A/Professor Ron Firestein, Dr Jason Cain and a team of scientists and paediatric oncologists at Hudson Institute, Monash University and Monash Children’s Hospital.
We are seeking a Clinical Research Fellow in Paediatric Oncology to contribute towards research projects relevant to Paediatric Cancer Precision Medicine.
The role is 0.8FTE research activities and 0.2FTE clinical activities. Some responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following
- Gaining expertise in key research themes of precision medicine, such as functional and structural genomics, development of patient-centric preclinical models, and bioinformatics analytics
- Lead hypothesis driven research projects that arise from the HMPPM Program
- Present research progress at laboratory and Institute seminars internally, as well as at external conferences and meetings
- Have ongoing clinical management of children with cancer, with a focus on solid tumours and brain tumours
- Provide consultation advice on the investigation and management of clinical findings to other units in conjunction with senior medical staff
- Assist the registrar in the management of seriously ill patients
The successful candidate will be a MBBS, Part 1 FRACP or equivalent and have at least 2 years’ general paediatrics experience at registrar level, and a minimum 12 months’ experience at senior registrar level in paediatric cancer. A current medical registration qualification in Victoria for hospital fellowship practice in paediatric oncology is a requirement. The successful candidate is expected to work towards a publication history and other significant research outputs including conference papers and reports.
Applications: Open until a suitable candidate is appointed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Apply via sending your CV with cover letter to HR@hudson.org.au