- Excellent Salary Packaging Benefits
- Exciting Opportunity with Leading Medical Research Institute
- Established position with growth potential
Hudson Institute of Medical Research is a not-for-profit, independent medical research institute located at Monash Medical Centre in Clayton, Victoria, Australia. The Institute employs almost 300 research staff, 30 administration/support staff and hosts over 150 postgraduate students.
The position is located within The Ritchie Centre, reporting to Associate Professor Caroline Gargett, head of the Women’s Health Theme and is funded by competitive grants. The position will assist clinicians and research scientists in the collection of clinical samples as part of a range of research projects directed at improving women’s, children’s and baby health through translational research.
This role, will require someone who is highly organised and has experience working in a medical research environment.
Your main responsibilities will be
- Liaise between the gynaecological clinics midwifery staff, delivery suite, and operating theatres, antenatal clinics, and the laboratories to expand The Ritchie Centre Tissue Bank
- Liaise with scientists to determine tissue sampling requirements, assist with identifying relevant collection opportunities, collection and delivery of samples in a timely manner
- Maintenance of and extraction of all relevant patient health data from patient records as approved by human research ethics committees
- Delivery of education and direct and indirect care for patients and families involved in trials
- Trial coordination (possible) and assistance with Human Ethics applications and reporting
If you are a Registered Nurse Division I or II and a current practicing certificate with excellent communication and highly interpersonal skills we welcome your application.
Theatre/Midwifery experience will be highly regarded.
Travel to associated hospitals will be required so a valid Victorian driver’s licence is essential.
It’s a great time to join Hudson Institute. We are delivering our vision of world class science that positively impacts human life.
Closing Date – Sunday 22 July at 5pm
Please apply via SEEK