The Senior RA/RA will work closely with Firestein lab members to elucidate the role of signaling and epigenetic pathways in cancer biology and normal intestinal homeostasis. The specialist is expected to work semi-independently in conducting laboratory experiments using primary and derived cell lines, organoid cultures and mouse models of cancer.
Typical activities for this role include
- Tissue culture (experience with organoid and primary cultures is a plus)
- Molecular biology techniques (cloning, CRISPR, DNA/RNA extractions, RT/PCR)
- Immunofluorescence staining, flow cytometry and microscopy (video-time lapse imaging)
- In situ based studies on tissues (e.g. in situ hybridisation, immunohistochemistry)
- Maintain a detailed laboratory notebook demonstrating adherence to SOPs
This position can be part time or full time.
A postgraduate qualification in the biological sciences and at least 1-2 years of relevant work experience, in molecular/cellular biology is required. Previous training and understanding of intestinal development and cancer genetics is preferred.
Open until a suitable candidate is appointed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Applications | Please send a copy of your CV and cover letter to HR@hudson.org.au