Histology involves the study of the microscopic anatomy of cells and tissues.
Tissues are carefully processed, sectioned and stained revealing delicate morphological features that can indicate health or disease for research, education or clinical studies.
The Histology Platform has two service models
- A full ‘professional’ end-to-end service provided by specialist staff
- A ‘do-it-yourself’ service providing access to laboratory facilities, specialist equipment and consumables.
In addition, the experienced Histology team can provide advice, training and research assistance in
- Processing – to resin or paraffin
- Cutting – fresh, resin or paraffin sections
- Staining and coverslipping -automated or manual
- Immunohistochemistry – automated utilising the Dako Autostainer
- Micro Tissue array slide supply – creation of micro tissue arrays to suit your needs. We can create the multi block and provide sections for use as control tissue
- Slide scanning – Olympus VS120 for brightfield and fluorescent scanning
Monash Histology Platform Manager
t: + 61 3 9905 2740