Progress your research degree in biomedicine and clinical sciences. Come to Student Open Day 2018 to meet supervisors and find a project that’s right for you.
DATE: Monday, 13 August
TIME: 5.30pm – 7.00pm
VENUE: TBC, Monash University, Clayton
Contact supervisors anytime
Students are encouraged to contact and visit supervisors in their labs anytime to discuss projects.
Simply email the supervisor to arrange a time. Here’s how
STEP 1: Find a project you are interested in either in the 2018 Postgraduate and Honours Research Projects booklet or Research projects database
STEP 2: Once you have identified a project, email the supervisor, “I am interested in your student project. Could I please arrange a time to visit you in your lab?”
FIND US: View map , Site PDF
What can you expect at Open Day?
- Help to identify a project area right for you
- Chat to supervisors about potential projects
- Tour our state-of-the-art facilities (found nowhere else in Australia) available to all our students
- Visit labs and meet project teams
- Meet current students and discuss their projects and outcomes
- Learn about career paths open to our graduates
- Find out how to apply and scholarship information
Why a medical research institute?
- Basic science research, with the opportunity to make a real-world impacts
- Onsite proximity of researchers and clinicians provides a powerful influence on change
- Open collaborative structure creates a vibrant environment to thrive
- Commercial and business development support and training
- Active and inclusive student society
“I have learned so much since starting my honours year, staff within my department are putting in a lot of effort to make sure I am able to learn and thrive.
“I already have a great insight into what a career in research would look like, as well as opportunities to further develop my academic palate through conferences, meetings, networking and resources.” Alen Paslic, Honours student, Hudson Institute